Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to get started as a developer?
We have various apps and components written in QML. By using stub data you'll be able to use most of them on a desktop for agile development :)
What you will need:
- Qt 5.5 or up and Qt Creator (included with Qt which can be downloaded from http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/) or installed on Linux using one of these commands:
- Ubuntu <16.04 (Xenial Xerus)/Debian
- You will need to download the version direct from Qt at http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/ The versions included in the system repositories are too old.
- Ubuntu >=16.04 (Xenial Xerus) (untested and may need to be changed a bit)
sudo apt-get install qtcreator qtdeclarative5-private-dev qtbase5-private-dev qtdeclarative5-qtmultimedia-plugin # Due to the way Qt is packaged, we also need to install some dependencies.
- Fedora (this one is also untested and may be too old)
yum install qt-creator
- Gentoo (untested)
- Unmask a version of Qt >= 5.5 (needed at the time of writing), then run:
- lune-next-cardshell (This acts as both the system shell and a library of components)
git clone https://github.com/webOS-ports/luna-next-cardshell.git
- luneos-components (This is our shared library of components used across various QML apps and can be found at https://github.com/webOS-ports/luneos-components)
git clone https://github.com/webOS-ports/luneos-components.git
- Open the luneos-components.pro file in Qt Creator.
- Under Projects (on the left side), go to the Build tab (should be the default) and change the following settings:
- Deactivate Shadow Build.
- For the qmake build steps, click on Details to expand the edit area.
- Set Additional Arguments to:
- Now, under the Run tab at the top:
- Set Executable to
- Set Additional Arguments to
-l modules -l test/imports examples/gallery/main.qml
- Under Run Environment, click Details to expand the settings.
- Add a setting called
QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_STYLEand give it a value of
- Set Executable to
- Our QML apps being:
- luna-next-cardshell itself