Pre and Post Release To Do
Jump to navigation Jump to search
When we prepare for a new release a few things need to be sorted:
- Check our meta-qt5, meta-openembedded and openembedded-core layers in testing https://github.com/webOS-ports/webos-ports-setup/blob/testing/conf/layers.txt so that we have tested any security fixes/critical updates before preparing for the release.
- Send out a feature freeze announcement to [email protected] one week before the release (not doing currently to allow for more agile release cycle).
- Update https://github.com/webOS-ports/webos-ports-setup/blob/stable/conf/layers.txt with latest revisions from meta-webos-ports (pyro) and meta-smartphone (pyro) (Commit message: meta-smartfone,meta-webos-ports: upgrade to latest revisions).
- Make sure the change log is updated with all the changes for the release: https://github.com/webOS-ports/changelog/blob/master/manifest.json also make sure to bump "platformVersion" and verify the JSON validity on http://www.jsonlint.com
- Trigger luneos-stable_build in http://jenkins.nas-admin.org/
- Test the images in http://build.webos-ports.org/luneos-stable-staging/wip/images/ to make sure they're no release blockers.
- Update the issue tracker, create a new release: http://issues.webos-ports.org/projects/ports/settings should run from 1st till last of month normally. See other months for more info.
- Update any issues assigned to current release to a future release so we don't have anything outstanding against the current release. http://issues.webos-ports.org/projects/ports/roadmap
- Run http://jenkins.nas-admin.org/view/luneos-stable/job/luneos-stable_feeds-new-staging/ (this should finish within a few minutes, check the output for the new stage number)
- Run http://jenkins.nas-admin.org/view/luneos-stable/job/luneos-stable_feeds-sync-to-public/ and make sure to put the (new stage number -1) from above in the FEED_NUMBERS parameter (Make sure to include the leading 0 so 036 for example). Wait for it to finish.
- Run http://jenkins.nas-admin.org/job/luneos-stable_release/ with the same FEED_NUMBER parameter as above, release short name (i.e. crema) and name of unsupported devices (maguro currently, separated by a space)
- Make sure to update the individual device templates to reflect the supported version for this device (device_wop_versions_supported) for Maguro, Grouper,Mako, Tenderloin and the Emulator. All the release names are already in there, so you just need to move the <!-- to the right so the new release will show :) Also make sure to update the device_last_wop_branch_supported with the release short name (this is used for the directory names) (Herrie)
After a release
- Update https://github.com/webOS-ports/meta-webos-ports/blob/krogoth/meta-luneos/conf/distro/include/luneos.inc to reflect the correct "WEBOS_DISTRO_VERSION_CODENAME" for the next release. (We update current Yocto version in use (krogoth) and JaMa will cherry pick this to master and other branches if needed.