Pre and Post Release To Do
Jump to navigation Jump to search
When we prepare for a new release a few things need to be sorted:
- Send out a feature freeze announcement to [email protected] one week before the release (not doing currently to allow for more agile release cycle).
- Update https://github.com/webOS-ports/webos-ports-setup/blob/stable/conf/layers.txt with latest revisions from meta-webos-ports (dizzy) and meta-smartphone (dizzy) (Commit message: meta-smartfone,meta-webos-ports: upgrade to latest revisions).
- Make sure the change log is updated with all the changes for the release: https://github.com/webOS-ports/changelog/blob/master/manifest.json also make sure to bump "platformVersion" and verify the JSON validity on http://www.jsonlint.com
- Make sure to update the individual device templates to reflect the supported version for this device (device_wop_versions_supported) for Grouper,Mako, Tenderloin and the Emulator. All the release names are already in there, so you just need to move the <!-- to the right so the new release will show :) Also make sure to update the device_last_wop_branch_supported with the release short name (this is used for the directory names) (Herrie)
- Make sure to update the "gh-pages" branches for each of the Enyo 2 apps to be updated with the latest commits from the "master" branches (http://webos-ports.org/wiki/Enyo_Ports_UI#Reference_Apps), so they can be tested/run from within the browser as well. (Herrie)
After a release
- Update https://github.com/webOS-ports/meta-webos-ports/blob/master/meta-luneos/conf/distro/include/luneos.inc to reflect the correct "WEBOS_DISTRO_VERSION_CODENAME" for the next release.